Whitecraigs Rugby Club
Whitecraigs Rugby Club is seeking an ambitious and experienced coach to take charge of our U18 boys’ team. We see this as a vital role in developing and retaining players, readying them for the transition to senior rugby.
Whitecraigs are a well-established club with top class playing and social facilities. We have a thriving Junior section with good numbers at all age grades. The Club 1st XV currently play in Tennent’s National League Division 2 and 2nd XV in the West Regional Leagues. Training sessions are held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings with games on a Saturday.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the U18 coaching team. Whilst working with the senior coaches to ensure continuity and a clear pathway to senior rugby, you will develop and execute training which is effective and relevant to the player and squad development.
Applicants should have
- Qualifications : UKCC Level 2 or equivalent
- Experience as a club or school coach
- An understanding of the Scottish Rugby technical blueprint
- Knowledge of team attacking and defensive strategies, relevant to players ability
- Ability to lead, motivate and challenge players
- Effectively plan all training sessions, matches and season phases keeping the player at the centre of all plans
- Availability for all training and matches
Interviews will be carried out with selected candidates and remuneration will be based on experience, qualifications and travelling costs.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering statement detailing your suitability for the role to Craig Percival, President; email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 15th July 2020. Interviews will be arranged shortly thereafter.