Aim of the Club
As a the designated Community Sport Hub for the Newton Mearns area, the aim of the Club is to continue to increase participation in and strengthen all areas of Rugby and Squash from Junior to Senior level suitable for both males and females, offering a lifetime pathway into sport, friendship and camaraderie and to expand our range of core sports in partnership with East Renfrewshire Council, the Scottish Rugby Union and Scottish Squash Limited.
Members have access and use of our top class facilities (outlined in detail here) including a top quality lounge, bar, kitchen, function and conference facility, with satellite television covering all live sports, together with a beer garden, BBQ and car parking, providing opportunities for private functions, business networking and corporate events as well as sponsorship and advertising.
As the designated Community Sports Hub, the Club currently provides three grass Rugby pitches, two Squash courts and a gymnasium for Fitness, Strength and Conditioning, together with access to the Club’s Sports Development Officer, SRU qualified coaches and coaching courses in a safe and secure environment for all age groups.
The Club also offers spectator opportunities to watch home and away matches, links to Glasgow Warriors Rugby Club and international Rugby ticket allocation.
The Club has updated it’s policies in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. The Privacy Notice linked below provides information on why the Club needs your personal details as well as how the members personal information will be handled by the Club.
- Sport Adult (Rugby/Squash/Gym) : Over 18 and in full-time employment
- Sport Student/Unwaged : Over 18 and in full-time education OR Over 18 and Unwaged
- Sport Rugby (Women & Girls): Girls over 12 as of 1st September
- Under 18 Sport : Under 18 as of 1st September
(*Under 18 Rugby only – Please attach completed Medical Form)
- Sport Family : 2x Sport Adults and 2x Under 18 Sport (This category is available where the total of the individual subscriptions of family members at the same address exceeds the maximum subscription rate for a Sport Family membership)
- Parent / Guardian + U18 Sport : Non-Sport membership for Parent / Guardian and 1x Under 18 Sport
- Parent / Guardian + 2 or More U18 Sport : Non-Sport membership for Parent / Guardian and 2 or more Under 18 Sport
- Ordinary : Over 18 non-Sport
- Senior Citizen : Over 65 as of 1st September
- Country : Member residing outside a 30 mile radius of the Club
- Life : Pre-paid long term subscription (Category currently closed)
- Covid : Temporary membership until September. Click on WRC-Covid-Membership for the membership form
All Rugby Sport members under the age of 18 as of 1st September are required to complete and return a Medical Form to the Honorary Secretary alongside the Membership Form. The Honorary Secretary will pass a copy to the relevant age grade first-aid provider.
Annually between 1st September and 31st August.
Payment Type : BACS, Cash, Debit Card, Cheque or Monthly/Quarterly Standing Order*
(*Please attach completed Standing Order form with start date between 1st and 20th of each month)
Payment Due Date : 1st September
Payment Deadline Date : 3oth September
Any existing member who has not paid or commenced their Standing Order by the Deadline Date will have their
names posted on the Club notice board and their membership rights terminated with immediate effect until either their
subscription is fully paid or their Standing Order has commenced.
Any member renewing or joining before 31st January shall pay the appropriate full subscription fee.
Any member joining after 31st January shall pay the appropriate monthly pro-rata subscription fee.
The 100 Club is a monthly prize draw that only costs £10.00/month. Of the money raised by the 100 Club, 50% is returned in prize money via the monthly draws and the other 50% is used to contribute to club funds and projects.
Please attach a completed Standing Order form with start date (between 1st and 20th of each month) and return to the Honorary Secretary.